Dry Kings Restoration is a family owned, fast growing building restoration company. Working for Dry Kings means great opportunities for personal growth and professional success.
We are seeking a technician for both fire and water damage mitigation. We service San Francisco, Marin and Sonoma county. Experience in the restoration or construction industry is desired but not a must. The job requires to work both weekends and after-hours. Overtime is to be expected. We offer flexible work hours and possibilities for personal and professional development. The restoration technican cleans and restores building damaged by fire, smoke, or water.
- Loading work trucks with drying equipment & driving to job sites
- Initial assessment of water/smoke/fire damage claims and completion of any mitigation-related tasks which include (but are not limited to) securing the job site, perform any necessary demo/cleaning and setting equipment in the attempt to dry/deodorize the structure
- Inventory, pack, clean and move any contents out of the affected areas
- Cleans and deodorizes walls, floors, and building contents to salvage property
- Fast-paced work environment that focuses on completing the job in a thorough yet efficient and timely manner
- Must be willing to respond to emergency water damage and other restoration-related jobs at any given time. 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Packs and stores contents as required.
- Removes and disposes of non-salvageable materials.
- Extracts water and moisture from buildings using commercial equipment, including air movers and dehumidifiers.
- Performs light demolition and repair work as required.
- Cleans, repairs, and restores carpet and upholstery.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and vehicles.
- Complies with federal, state, and company safety and environmental rules.
- Must work well with others
- Must be able to perform hard physical labor
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: At least one year of experience as a restoration technician preferred
- Licenses/Certifications: Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) preferred
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and clean driving record
- High School GED/equivalent
- IICRC Water Restoration Certification a plus
- Must be able to provide valid work documentation
- Critical thinking
- Active listening
- Service orientation
- Time management
- Organization and problem solving skills
- Ability to work both as a team and independently
- Excellent communication skills including reading and writing English
Compensation & Benefits
- Base pay: $18-$25/HOUR
- Cash bonus, based on performance
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Work hours