Dry Kings Restoration is a family owned, fast growing building restoration company. Working for Dry Kings means great opportunities for personal growth and professional success.
We are seeking a Lead Technician that will support PM to oversee restoration projects. Including planning or coordinate, activities concerned with the remediation of structures, facilities, and systems. They will need to support PM in coordinating workers, material and equipment as well as make sure that all specifications are being followed. The position requires attention to detail in all aspects of selling, planning, client experience and running jobs. Communication skills, both verbal and written are important aspects of the Lead Technician position. Patience, listening skills, and sensitivity are an integral aspect of the position as well.
- Expected to be knowledgeable and go above and beyond for customers in order to gain excellent customer service.
- Support PM in coordinating job starts and scheduling appointments with customers and clients
- Coordinate work duties with subcontractors and field personnel
- Support culture of safety by adhering to and supporting all OSHA & EPA regulations on job sites
- Maintain compliance with DOT requirements across teams
- Leverage critical thinking and problem-solving skills to review related information then developing and evaluate options as well as implement solutions
- Coordinate after-hours emergency services, including board-ups of homes recently damaged by fires which will primarily be local and may occur during overnight hours, weekends, and/or holidays
- Frequent local travel to work sites where the work environment is usually dirty, dusty, noisy, has uneven ground/surfaces containing hazards or potentially hazardous substances and/or materials and is subject to inclement or extreme weather conditions and temperatures.
- Some Overtime may be expected on an as-needed basis
- 2 years of Restoration experience
- Ability to work within many project activities and groups of people while meeting time constraints
- Working knowledge of the Design-Build process
- Ability to read and understand construction documents to perform accurate quantity takeoffs
- Ability to field measure for various products and materials prior to job start
- Supervise restoration employees
- Communicate with customers throughout restoration process
- Superb customer service track record Inspect the job sites frequently to verify the scope of work is being performed correctly, that it meets the projected timeline and that it complies with our standards
- Inspect, estimate, and manage multiple projects after incidents involving water fire, or other types of damage
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid Driver’ s License with acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check
- IICRC certifications – WRT / ASD / AMRT preferred
- Professional appearance and personality
- Team player who can work independently
- Must have or be willing to obtain the applicable certifications pertaining to the industry.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Establish a relationship with the customer by securing the job and providing customer service.
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Superb customer service track record.
- Obtain customer and client agreement on scope and estimate.
- Support PM in creation of project schedule and timeline.
- Perform final walk-through with customer.
- Secure a signed Certificate of Completion and Certificate of Satisfaction from customer.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent, some college is a plus. One year of Management experience preferred.
- A combination of commercial and residential experience is preferred.
- Communication Skills – Fluent English, both oral and written, is required; Spanish fluency is helpful but not required.
- Leverage active listening skills as well as speaking and writing skills to communicate professionally with customers, subcontractors and insurance companies.
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to effectively express themselves verbally in project reviews conducted among internal staff, before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Management of Financial, Material, and Personnel Resources – Determining how money will be spent and accounting for these expenditures along with the appropriate use of equipment and direction or motivation of people to complete projects most effectively
- Good Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others. Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Spend time working on a computer and proficient with computer skills.
Necessary Experience And Skill Set
- Effective written and oral communication
- Intermediate math skills
- Understands the stress and worry that comes with a fire or water damage and the disruption it causes your life and home or business. Our goal is to help minimize the interruption to our client’s life.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to learn new computer programs.
Compensation & Benefits
- Base pay: $25-$27/HOUR
- Cash bonus, based on performance
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Work hours