We are looking for a qualified HR specialist with at least 3+ years of experience and knowledge of CA compliance & regulations. Dry Kings Restoration is a family owned, fast growing building restoration company. We are a people-oriented business that values our employees and customers first. If you are a self-starter that loves to be a part of a young, dynamic, fast growing team we are looking for you! Working for Dry Kings means great opportunities for personal growth and professional success. Every challenge is an opportunity for you to find better solutions and develop greater procedures. You are experienced in mentoring and love to support others to grow into their full potential. You know where to acquire talent and have headhunted before. You are great with people and possess high empathy and excellent communication skills.
Plans and directs human resources activities and company staff. Recruits new employees and manages all activities regarding HR in accordance with CA compliance, including but not limited to: headhunting, defining job descriptions, posting of job descriptions, screening potential candidates, communication with candidates, pre-selection of eligible candidates, conducting phone- and in-person interviews, preparation of hiring paperwork, conducting background checks and creation of on-boarding/training processes for new hires. Responsible for internal HR processes, such as the administration of performance evaluations, termination, conducting drug tests and taking part in the further development of internal HR procedures.
- Actively engages with constant hiring and screening of potential candidates via phone and in-person interviews
- Talent Acquisition/Headhunting
- Supports Management in the development of a new employee training program and of current HR processes and procedures
- Plans and conducts new employee orientations & on-boarding processes to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives
- Performs staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, terminating employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Plans & conducts team trainings & events
- Mentors employees and defines career goals at Dry Kings
- Interacts with company management and employees to provide guidance, assistance and expertise.
- Conducts weekly meetings with presentations on topics for personal & professional growth and development
- Makes recommendations or approves plans for staff training and professional development
- Develops performance scorecards & performance evaluation templates
- Provides quarterly performance appraisals for staff and determines need for disciplinary action.
- Reviews, endorses or makes recommendations for hiring, staff raises, promotions and reclassifications.
- Administers compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Directs the dissemination, interpretation and application of company policies.
- Maintains currency on existing and pending legislation to ensure overall compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Advises managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment and recommends needed changes.
- Ensures staff is kept informed of changes and updates.
- Serves as a link and mediator between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Provides consultative services and/or meets with concerned parties to discuss issues and requests and determine best course of action for effective resolution.
- Prepares and follows budgets for personnel operations.
- Maintains extensive records (compliant with CA requirements) concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Conducts exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination/resignation.
- Ensures legal, federal, and CA compliance in all HR matters.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 3+ years of experience in human resources
- Excellent references
- Empathy & understanding
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening
- Management of personnel resources
- Time management
- Critical thinking
- Judgment and decision making
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 – $32.00 per hour